CAMPUS SUSTAINABILITY MONTH - OCTOBER 2018
Sustainability Tips for Week of October 7 - 13:
The topic for this week is Water Sustainability. To start, watch this short, informative video published by the American Chemical Society explaining the Global Water Crisis.
A few tips on conserving water at home:
- Keep a container of drinking water in the refrigerator rather than running the faucet and waiting for the water to cool down.
- If washing dishes by hand, rinse the dishes using the spray attachment on your tap instead of letting the water run.
- Replace older toilets with low-flush or dual flush toilets, which use 40-50% less water.
- See more tips: 45+ Ways to Conserve Water in the Home and Yard
Conserving water on college campuses – what CSU is already doing:
- Promoting the use of tap water over bottled water (e.g., water stations in the Library)
- Going tray-less (e.g., Food Services on campus have been tray-less since the new Student Center opened)
- Rooftop vegetation (e.g., the garden on the roof of the Rec Center)
- See more tips: 40 Important Ways That Colleges Are Conserving Water