Library Weblog & News
Subscribe to RSS Feed
Mail links can be found under each post. Click the author's name to email replies, comments, etc. Archive options shows you older topics.
Thursday, December 21st, 2006
New arrivals from Cleveland Public Library
Friday, December 15th, 2006
Going Away for the Holidays? OhioLINK Delivers.
1. Request an item from the OhioLINK Library Catalog.
2. Select Cleveland State University. Enter your name and ID.
3. Select a pickup institution from the list.
4. Select a pickup location at the pickup institution.
You'll need to take your CSU ID with you when you pick up your requested materials.
If you're going out of the state for the holidays, remember you still have access to more than 100 research databases, thousands of full text articles, 19,000+ e-books, 1,900 digital videos and much more from OhioLINK and your library. All you need is your name and ID information to access OhioLINK online anywhere, anytime.
Monday, December 11th, 2006
Student Assistants Needed to Work in Multimedia Services
The Library is in need of an enthusiastic, energetic student to assist other students and faculty in our Library Multimedia Services department. Our most urgent need is for a student to help open our department at 7:30 a.m.
The duties include:
- Providing circulation services for Multimedia Services collections which include music, education, curriculum materials, curriculum media, juvenile and audio/visual materials
- Answering telephones for the Multimedia Services
- Giving informational and directional assistance to patrons
- Assisting patrons using Scholar, the Library's on-line catalog, and in locating materials
- Arranging for the use of listening, viewing, and multimedia equipment and software
- Assisting with faculty video/film/DVD requests
- Be able to work days and/or evenings and weekends
- Possess accuracy and attention to detail skills
- Possess basic computer skills
- Possess good verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Be able to provide courteous service to patrons
- Art, Education or Music majors preferred!
Please apply at: http://www.ulib.csuohio.edu/forms/apply.html
Thursday, December 7th, 2006
New EJC Interface Coming January 8
The new interface will look familiar to current EJC users, but it will also offer better performance and more functionality. New features include:
- My Articles - A function of My EJC, the My Articles features allows you to create and save your favorite articles for easy reference later.
- Password retrieval - In the old interface forgotten passwords were irretrievable. Now you can automatically generate a new one.
- Find similar articles in the EJC with just one click.
- Collapsible/Expandable panels allow for faster browsing of titles with extensive numbers of issues or long back files.
- Quick links to the complete article from both the issue and article level page helps you get the full-text article more quickly.
These oldie-but-goodie features are still available and worth trying out if you haven't already:
- Journal alerts - Get new issue alerts via RSS feed or go to My EJC and create an account to create a list of favorite journals and set up e-mail notifications.
- My Searches - Put your research on autopilot. Save your searches and set times for the system to automatically execute them and e-mail you the results.
It will be possible to migrate your saved searches from the old system to the new one.
If you have any questions about the EJC, or problems to report with the new interface, please use this form to contact the OhioLINK staff.
Showing posts from December 2006 only. Display other dates.