Effective June 30, 2017 the Michael Schwartz Library is cancelling its subscription to RefWorks. After that date, students, faculty, staff and alumni will not be able to use RefWorks through the library's subscription.
- Why is the library cancelling its subscription to RefWorks?
- When the library began offering RefWorks, it was one of few options for citation managers. There are many more options now, some of which are more robust and free to all users. Faced with budgetary constraints and annual inflation increases for RefWorks, the library has chosen to prioritize purchasing content over the continued cost of subscribing to RefWorks.
- How can I save my RefWorks Citations?
- The following instructions explain how to export your RefWorks citations so they are ready to upload to another platform.
- What are the alternatives?
- There are several alternatives to RefWorks which, up to a certain level of storage, are completely free. The tools which the library supports are Zotero, Mendeley, and Endnote Web (Basic). More information about these tools is available on this Zotero Research Guide and this Mendeley Research Guide.
- Who can I contact with questions or concerns?
- Please feel free to contact your personal librarian with questions. You may also contact the reference desk at 216-687-5300 from 10am-8pm Monday through Thursday, 10am-5pm on Friday, 10-5pm Saturday, or 2-6pm Sunday to speak to a reference librarian.